After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, when all the eggnog has been consumed and you’re tired of seeing family members, it may just be the right time to take a vacation!
Travel & Leisure has put together a great list of locations that you should definitely put on your list of must see destinations. They’ve categorized the list based on themes so if you’re not a beach person, you’ll definitely find locations that will suit your appetite.
Take a look at these great spots depending on what you’re wanting to get out of your vacation.
- Chicago, IL – Although a little chilly, it’ll be worth it for the food. Home to the James Beard Awards, check out some of the top Michelin star rated restaurants like Aliena or Grace.
- Park City, UT – When you’re not hitting the slopes, check out hot Italian restaurant Grappa, or for elevated comfort food head over to The Brass Tag.
- Milan, Italy – You can’t go wrong in Italy when it comes to food. There are hundreds of restaurants to choose from here – take your pick!
- Swiss Alps – If you’re looking for an adventure outside of the United States, hop on a plan to Villars, Switzerland – just east of the famous Lake Geneva. You’ll find glacier slopes without the crowds at Whitepod, which sits high above Villars.
- Aspen, CO – The recently opened Deep Temerity lift at Aspen Highlands offers skiers 180 acres that haven’t been touched to ski on. However, this new terrain is for expert level only. If you’re not quite at expert level, the mountain still offers 465 acres of runs.
- Washington State – If downhill skiing isn’t your cup of tea, try Methow Valley in Washington State for their popular cross-country skiing trails. Get some great exercise while enjoying picturesque views!
- Grand Cayman – The infamous Grand Cayman islands is home to the recently built Ritz-Carlton Enjoy a 9-hole golf course set upon a saltwater lagoon, or dine at celebrity chef Eric Ripert’s two restaurants. If you’re looking for more relaxation, try the 20,000 square foot spa – one of the largest in the Caribbean!
- Ambergris Cay, Belize – Looking for a more secluded, villa-style resort? Look no further than Azul, a two-villa beach resort located 6 miles north San Pedro. Amenities include a rooftop hot tub overlooking the jungle.
- Southern Maine Coast – Want to stay in the States but looking for a different type of beach vacation than Florida? Why not look at the southern coast of Maine? York Beach offers deserted boardwalks and misty shores during the offseason. The historic Cape Neddick lighthouse is just gorgeous covered with snow.
Before you leave for your vacation, don’t forget to stock up on your hearing aid batteries! If you need to pick some extras, call us at 1-800-Beltone and we’ll find your local Beltone office for you. Also, did you know that it’s completely safe to fly while you’re wearing your hearing aids?