It’s a subject that usually isn’t talked about opening or frequently with friends, or even your doctor. But, earwax is a normal part of the human body, is necessary, but unfortunately, could also be the culprit to the fact that you’re not hearing very well.
Some people just produce too much earwax. If this is the case, it’s best to see a medical professional to help remove and alleviate the buildup. Using QTips, bobby pins or other foreign objects to help remove earwax actually pushes the wax deeper into the ear, creating a worse buildup.
You will know that you have an earwax buildup if you are suffering from the following symptoms:
- Sudden or partial hearing loss (this is usually temporary)
- Tinnitus – ringing or buzzing in your ears
- Feeling of fullness in the ear
Please see a medical professional if you’re suffering from an earache or symptoms of an ear infection. However, if you’re noticing that you aren’t able to hear as clearly or as easily as you once were, then a visit to your local Beltone office, for a FREE hearing screening could help you rule out if you’re suffering from a wax buildup and if you may have a hearing loss as well.
Latest posts by Amy Duvall (see all)
- Beltone Featured Customer: Ruby Puett - March 2, 2017
- Making Your Hearing Aids a Part of Your Daily Routine - February 16, 2017
- Beltone Featured Customer: Dudley Crockett - February 14, 2017